The Older Individuals who are Blind (OIB) Program provides services for individuals age 55 and older whose severe visual impairment impacts their daily living activities. These services will aid in improving the lives of individuals with blindness and low vision through advocacy, education, research, technology, and independence in the home and community.
Individuals experiencing visual impairments of blindness or low vision due to cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, macular degeneration are eligible for services.
Qualifications for the program:
- Reside in Peoria, Fulton or Marshall county
- Ages 55 years or older
- Blind or Low Vision of 20/70 or worse
- Copy of the last vision screening or exam
Services include, but not limited to:
- Daily living skills training
- Orientation & Mobility Training
- Communication Skills Training
- Assistive Technology Devices/Aids
- Counseling (peer, individual, group)