Advocates for Access keeps a list of accessible and affordable housing in Fulton, Peoria, Tazewell, and Woodford counties. If you would like to list your property on our housing list, please
Our housing lists can be accessed here:
Minor Home Repair
(Call for Availability)
This program is intended to assist Persons with Disabilities who are low to moderate-income owners who cannot complete repairs themselves or renters who need assistance with modifications. (Approval from Landlord requested)
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant must own and live in home.
- If Applicant rents the landlord must sign application.
- Applicant must provide a doctors statement of disability or prove proof of age.
- Applicant is required to provide personal funds towards the cost of project. (To be determined based on income.)
- Applicant must be in good standings with property taxes and mortgage payments.
- Applicant must meet the Median Area Income guidelines
Advocates for Access networks and serves as a referral agency to the City of Peoria’s Adopt a Ramp Program, which provides up to $6,000 in assistance to eligible home owners in need of a handicapped accessible ramp for their home. There is no repayment requirement for this program.